Europe should be different: social, peaceful, democratic
Programme for European Elections 2014, adopted at the Hamburg Party Congress in February 2014
Dear voter, There will be an election for the European Parliament on May 25. DIE LINKE will be running in that election in order to change Europe. Unemployment has risen in the European Union since the last election, especially among young people. A whole generation is being robbed of its future. The gap between rich and poor has further widened, in Germany as well. The power of the banks and big corporations has grown.
Newly created institutions such as the Troika rule, bypassing the parliaments. The European Union has opened up the markets and fuelled competition between production locations. The pressure on wages and social benefits is being felt by people in Germany and Spain, Ireland and Italy. EU policies find regulations for sausages and vegetables, but none to keep the banks and speculation in check, none to guard against production site competition and substandard wages, none to ensure a common minimum in the taxation of businesses. The EU acts with inhuman cruelty against refugees, who are dying in their thousands at the borders, but sets no limits to tax evasion.
The policy pursued by the federal government has not solved these problems, it has exacerbated them. At the European level, it has insisted on the curtailment of wages and pensions as well as social benefits, health care and education. Good neighbourliness should be different. This policy does not build the economy but dismantles it.
Public property is being privatised. No one is talking about the causes of debt any longer: Hundreds of billions of taxpayer euros were used to bail out banks after the crisis they brought upon themselves.
The EU and the federal government failed to resolve that crisis fairly. The Grand Coalition, including the SPD, are counting on “business as usual”. Fair should be different. Europe should be different.
Short Version of the Programme for European Elections 2014 in Foreign Languages
- PDF 60 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_englisch_4c.pdf
- PDF 75 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_englisch_sw.pdf
- PDF 60 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_franzoesisch_4c.pdf
- PDF 56 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_franzoesisch_sw.pdf
- PDF 154 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_griechisch.pdf
- PDF 151 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_griechisch_sw.pdf
- PDF 60 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_italienisch_4c.pdf
- PDF 56 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_italienisch_sw.pdf
- PDF 61 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_polnisch_4c.pdf
- PDF 78 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_polnisch_sw.pdf
- PDF 164 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_russisch_4c.pdf
- PDF 167 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_russisch_sw.pdf
- PDF 60 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_spanisch_4c.pdf
- PDF 57 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_spanisch_sw.pdf
- PDF 61 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_tuerkisch_4c.pdf
- PDF 57 KB europawahlprogramm2014_kurzfassung_tuerkisch_sw.pdf